Perishable foods are those that, due to their natural characteristics, are acceptable for consumption for less than 30 days or that require controlled temperature conditions. These products are foods of animal origin (meat, fish, eggs, milk and derivatives) and vegetable.
The import or export of this type of food to or from third countries outside the European Union requires that a series of food safety requirements be met. Depending on the type of food, the applicable legislation for that product must be complied with. In general we can say that the requirements are the following:
- The importer must be registered in the General Sanitary Reg. Of Food and Food Companies
- The establishment of origin of the food must have been approved by the EU and must appear on the list of authorized establishments.
- They must demonstrate that they comply with Regulations 853/2004 and 852/2004
- Labeling and packaging according to regulations
If we also consider that they are foods of animal origin, specifically:
- Third authorized country
- Waste plan approved for the product in question in the country of origin
- Slaughterhouses, cutting rooms, authorized farms or approved production areas (mollusks, echinoderms, etc.)
For foods of plant origin:
- Phytosanitary certificate issued by the competent national authority.
Bionok offers complete management and Consulting for companies in the food sector.
For those importers of fresh products and for all those companies in the food chain (except those in the primary sector), Bionok can implement the HACCP system in your company. We also help importers to register in the General Sanitary Registry of Food and Food Companies.
We will help you from the beginning so that you can import your fresh food product without problems and avoiding unforeseen events. Depending on the product in question, we will make sure that it complies with the regulations in force in the country of destination and that all the necessary documentation is in order.
Need help or have a question?